6.28.2009

So, I was thinking....

Between deciding which meat to buy for tonight's backyard grill-fest and which mosquito repellent actually works, I've been thinking. What if Gail Simone wrote Uncanny X-Men?




Let me state my case. I love Gail. She can write flagship characters (Wonder Woman, anyone) and she can write secretive characters on the brink (forget the pun). And we'd get more lines like this-


It reminds me of those old Birds of Prey back issues. Dinah and Babs, and Helena. Whole lotta back and forth. Great reading for lazy summer afternoons...

See, this is why they need to bring back Birds of Prey RIGHT NOW. The Oracle mini was full of more crap than a campground outhouse, and nobody's really being used now. Plus, Black Alice got a role in the larger DCU, and Misfit didn't. It's like killing off Klara to bring back Gert. Oh, wait...

Forget Life. COMICS ARE SO NOT FAIR.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

BEEF!

Ahem, I miss Birds of Prey too. I think it's awful how it just sputtered after Gail's run into Bedard's run, and I was incredibly disappointed by Oracle: The Cure, but maybe it's for the best to just let the characters sit, or something =(.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I suppose. they can't be ruined on the sidelines. 'till the next company wide event, anyway.

Registered Minions! Bwahahahaa!

How Many chibis Have been in your Brain??

Arkham Archives