6.29.2009

Hey Everyone, Chase has a garage band!

At least that's what I thought when I heard the Runaways "Theme Song" (http://marvel.com/videos/746.The_Runaways_Theme_Song_Music_Video)

Ahem, how do I put this lightly...70's-ish Bon Jovi-style rock...but more early-Weezer style, with the kind of little riffs and bits the Jonas Brothers or Marianas Trench might use. Plus, the repitition of the word "Parents" in this Rolling Stones-ish way is funny in the way an overweight fanboy chasing Bendis is. You're not supposed to laugh...but...
The lyrics are so obviously geek-written, but it's not really that bad when you think about it. I mean there's writing a theme song, then there's writing a Theme Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ywwmGyi9TQ) This is nothing like that, thankfully.
Still I always thought a Runaways theme song would sound different than this. How? I dunno. Just less....road trip with Dad's old CD's riding into the Nevada sunset....

Shut Up, Summers. So my pick for a Runaways theme song? These two would work-

Yeah, Maybe I am a little nuts.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Whaaaaaaaat? I click the link to Marvel's site, and I listen to Old Men Trying To Be Hip, and then BOOM! It's just an ad for Runaways! What a rip-off.

I can see the other two as a theme song, but both are missing a crucial Runaways theme: pet Velociraptors genetically engineered and brought from the future!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, i was gonna put the dinosaur song on, but barney and the Savaga Land high council threatened to sue. LOL.

Registered Minions! Bwahahahaa!

How Many chibis Have been in your Brain??

Arkham Archives